How can our site help you to learn about taking better care of your hair:
1. learn about foods that are good for your hair
2. learn about home remedies that are good for your hair
3. learn how to properly wash, condition, and dry you hair
4. learn about trimming
5. learn lots on how to keep you hair healthy & beautiful
6. learn alos how to take care of dreadlocks
We are wild about hair!!!!
We Love it!!!!
We love all the types and colors!!!!!
It can be so beautiful and fun!!!
Take care of your hair!!!!!
- Hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body, second only to bone marrow.
- 35 meters of hair fibre is produced every day on the average adult scalp.
- The average scalp has 100,000 hairs. Redheads have the least at 80,000; brown and black haired persons have about 100,000; and blondes have the most at 120,000.
- 90% of scalp hairs are growing and 10% are resting.
- It is normal to lose 100 hairs per day from the scalp.
- You must lose over 50% of your scalp hairs before it is apparent to anyone
- Thyroid imbalance and iron deficiency are reversible causes for hair loss.
(Taken from University of British Columbia Hair Research and Treatment Centre –
(Photo credit: /blackgirllonghair.com)
Subscribe to our Dreadlock Youtube Channel:
Thanks to all our fans and visitors who stop by everyday and use our services!!!!!!
If you love our site and you find that it helps you and you want to show us some love, leave us a positive review or testimonial on a variety of sites.
Talk about our great website, informative videos, helpful info, and amazing services.
Make Time to “Like Us”
( ) Facebook
( ) StumbleUpon
( ) Myspace
Leave us a Positive Review & Testimonial
“Dreadlocks with Ten Nebula” Youtube Channel
Email us your testimonials
– Write Ten Nebula an email with your positive words about our site or services
Share Us With A Friend
– Tell a friend, co-worker, family member & anyone else you know who has dreadlocks or wants them about our great website & professional services
Thanks in advance for your kind thoughts and words!!!!!!!
Hair is a filamentous biomaterial, that grows from follicles found in the dermis. Hair is one of the defining characteristics of mammals, but is also found in other animals.
The human body, apart from areas of glabrous skin, is covered in follicles which produce thick terminal and fine vellus hair. Most common interest in hair is focused on hair growth, hair types and hair care, but hair is also an important biomaterial primarily composed of protein, notably keratin.
The word “hair” often refers to two distinct structures:
- the part beneath the skin, called the hair follicle or when pulled from the skin, called the bulb. This organ is located in the dermis and maintains stem cells which not only re-grow the hair after it falls out, but also are recruited to regrow skin after a wound;
- the shaft, which is the hard filamentous part that extends above the skin surface. A cross section of the hair shaft may be divided roughly into three zones.
Hair fibers have a structure consisting of several layers. Starting from the outside:
- the cuticle which consists of several layers of flat, thin cells laid out overlapping one another as roof shingles,
- the cortex, which contains the keratin bundles in cell structures that remain roughly rod-like; and in some cases,
- the medulla, a disorganized and open area at the fiber’s center.
(Info from Wikipedia)
(photo credit: Naptural 85)