- Hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body, second only to bone marrow.
- 35 meters of hair fibre is produced every day on the average adult scalp.
- The average scalp has 100,000 hairs. Redheads have the least at 80,000; brown and black haired persons have about 100,000; and blondes have the most at 120,000.
- 90% of scalp hairs are growing and 10% are resting.
- It is normal to lose 100 hairs per day from the scalp.
- You must lose over 50% of your scalp hairs before it is apparent to anyone
- Thyroid imbalance and iron deficiency are reversible causes for hair loss.
(Taken from University of British Columbia Hair Research and Treatment Centre –
(Photo credit: /blackgirllonghair.com)